Thursday, March 19, 2015

Denim on Denim

So, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to blog more. For the first two months of the year, that didn't really happen. But hey, don't you know that the third week of March is when New Year's Resolutions are meant to start? All the cool kids are doing it. I would know, I'm super cool. Totes. Haha I don't think any of the real cool kids use 'super' or 'totes' anymore. I'm such an old person nowadays...I see them using phrases like 'on fleek' and I sit shaking my head and saying 'youths.' I just can't keep up anymore.

It's only been five days since the great shave of '15, but I feel like my hair has already started to grow back. I'm getting used to standing out a bit more in public now - but for the most part, the reaction's been really positive, and it's so lovely to have complete strangers come up and compliment me on my new look. Over the last couple of days, I've had several people randomly approach me and tell me how much they like my style or how much my hair suits me or how beautiful or amazing I look. It's doing wonders for my self esteem. One lady even told me I gave her goosebumps (not in a bad way I hope!) And today as I sat having lunch with my girlfriend, an older man who had been having lunch with his wife came over and said he was sorry to interrupt, but that he really liked my hairstyle, smiled politely and left. Adorable.

So, while I'm sure I'll be in no hurry to shave again anytime soon, I'm actually really enjoying my bald head, and all the good vibes it's bringing me.






Top and Shorts: Luvalot; Shoes: Bardot; Bag: Vintage; Necklace: Colette by Colette Hayman; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Sunnies: Chanel.



No comments:

Post a Comment