Wednesday, February 23, 2011

six.

I'm six days clean. That's right, it's been 6 days since I last bought something and I'm, surprisingly, not jonesing for a hit.

I read an article in a magazine the other day about a few fellow fashionistas who are giving up shopping for a year, and it got me thinking. Now, before you snigger and sneer, I'm not that naive. I know I wouldn't even come close to lasting a year without feeling that thrill of finding the perfect pair of cloppers. But, just say I were to give it up - I know I'd literally have enough clothes to last me at least a year, and enough shoes to wear a different pair each day and then some (granted I probably wouldn't do that seeing as 15cm heels aren't exactly appropriate for lab work).

So I've decided that I'm going to try my best to starve myself of new purchases. It's a win win right? More space, more money, more time for other endeavors...so what if I'm a tad off trend right? Righhhttt??? It's a reasonable trade off...rigghhhhttttttt?! Who needs that pair of 70's style wide leg pants that would totally hide those lumps and bumps and make my legs look that go on for days??

Okay, maybe just one more purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment