Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Playing catch-ups

So it's been a while. Lol, sorry 'bout that. I'm not really all that sorry actually - I've just come home from the Whitsundays; from a week of wining, dining, and soaking up the Tropical North Queensland sun with the boyfriend; from pure bliss.

I was a little apprehensive in the days leading up to it, because we have a habit of getting into arguments every time we go on holidays together (there was one incident while we were in new zealand when I skitzed it over some dishes and a wet floor) - but this time, I promised myself I'd make the effort to resist snapping/yelling at him; to let the little things slide, and just enjoy each others company. So every time he did something that irritated me, I just kept calm, took a breath, and calmly told him I'd appreciate it if he did this, or didn't do that. And you know what? It worked. It was the perfect holiday - it was so good to just leave everything behind and truly relax. It was so good that I've decided to adopt that mentality permanently (or as permanently as I can manage). He's always to me and I know I can get a bit too hot headed at times. But life's good when you don't sweat the small stuff.

Anyway, as with during every other little lull in posts, I still thought about the blog a fair bit, and upon going through my camera, I found a whole load of photos of different outfits for posts I'd meant to do. I'll be uploading them today in subsequent posts - but just don't expect too much writing lol. I'm sawryyyy, I'll lift my game, I promise.

As for this post - we've finally started getting summer-like weather in Sydney! But it's for a limited time only, so I went out & made the most of it at Maroubra Beach yesterday. Sun was shining, but not too overly hot, water was lovely and cool, waves were HUGE but oddly not too rough, and the company was awesome. I love my big floppy hat despite people looking at me funny for wearing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment