Saturday, February 25, 2012

Still dressing like I'm on holidays.

I haven't really spent all that much time in Sydney this summer. First there was that month-long stint in the motherland (where I traded in the insane-hot-one-day-and-freezing-the-next Sydney weather for four weeks of 30+ degree heat), and then a few weeks after coming home, there was that week in Airlie Beach, a beautiful, laid back place in the Whitsundays (where we escaped the torrential rain and flash floods, again enjoying 30+ degree days for all but one day).

Now, I spent most of that week in the Whitsundays in my swimmers. I kind of assumed I would be doing so from the start. But that didn't stop me from packing two weeks worth of clothes into my suitcase. When asked why the hell I brought that much with me, I in return asked my boyfriend what the hell the point of him getting me check in luggage was if I wasn't going to use all the kilos. A girl likes to have options - and compared to my usual wardrobe of literally hundreds of dresses, tops, bottoms and shoes, a few dresses, a couple of cardigans, two playsuits, three pairs of shorts, eight tops, four pairs of shoes, two bags, six pairs of sunnies and four bikinis was nothing. And that was after I culled the lot down (I still didn't think it was enough lol). Never mind that I only wore half of it in the end lol.

Getting dressed out of a suitcase was surprisingly easy that week (lol), and it got me thinking about my overflowing wardrobe at home. I had so much crap that I didn't need. I was perfectly happy living in denim shorts and pretty tops, or sun dresses. Life was so much simpler with a limited number of options. In fact, instead of missing having access to all my clothes/shoes/bags like I thought I would, I found myself, upon coming home, still partially dressing out of that suitcase. So I dunno if it's because of the heat that we're finally getting in Sydney, or that I'm just suffering from holiday withdrawal, but for the past few days I've been dressing like I'm still on holidays, and I'm loving it.

Top: Tightrope (I know right - sometimes tightrope can surprise you!); Shorts: Forever New; Shoes: Just Jeans (Bargain of the century - my $1 sandals!); Bangles: Gloss/Dotti; Bag: Vintage; Sunnies: Equip.

Yellow lace cut-out top: Imprint; Denim distressed shorts: Made (they were jeans!); Straw hat: ValleyGirl; Sandals: Freelance; Bag: MBMJ.


Oh yes. And I've decided this year I'm going to strip my wardrobe down to the bare essentials. No more hoarding. eBay, watch out, Ima-coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment