Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm a lady.

So, I've got three assessments due in the next two weeks that I'm still sort of ignoring. The day was just too pretty to waste indoors, and by the time the arvo/night rolls 'round, I've been telling myself that I'm too exhausted/I should get to bed early to kick that cold I feel coming on before it turns into a full blown flu (and with my shocking immune system, it's only a matter of time).

Anywayyy, just a quick one before I head to bed. Today the sun was shinning and I felt like being a lady. So I donned a pretty, mid-length dress - an old gem I'd bought years ago but had tucked away in my wardrobe and forgotten about (it didn't quite fit in with my maxi phase or my mini phase). I hadn't worn this dress in ages because it always made me feel like I was dressing just that touch too old for my age - but now that I'm a bit older it gives me that touch of sophistication I crave some days.

So it took me a few hours to get ready this morning. And most of this time was spent 1) deciding on whether or not to keep the belt on; 2) picking shoes. Yes, I do realise I wound up wearing the same wedges that I've been wearing practically every blog post since I bought them (wow that sentence is really badly worded!) but let me tell you, it wasn't an easy journey getting there.

I fluttered from one pair of wedges to another, to sandals, and back to wedges, then to flats, then to a pair of small-wedged peeptoes I hadn't worn in ages (I remembered why I hadn't worn them in ages after 30 seconds of having them on, ouch!), to different flats, to different wedges, to other sandals, to stillettos, before finally deciding on those wedges again. And I'm not gonna lie, by the time I left the house I still had three shoe options in mind (I chucked a pair of flats in my handbag, and had another pair of heels in my car).

Did I happen to mention that I somehow injured the tendon on my right foot last Wednesday? Yeah. I still wore sky high wedges to work that day - I have a problem, I know. I'm just addicted to the height...yeek.

And yes, I'm slightly embarrassed/ashamed of my bad/luvo posing.


No comments:

Post a Comment