Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Lady of Leisure

Thought me being currently (f)unemployed would mean more regular posts? Well I sure showed you didn't I!

Haha, seriously though, so did I. I've been planning to post for a while now but the life of a Lady of Leisure can actually get pretty full on. And even when it's not, I rarely find myself able to actually force myself to sit down and write - the procrastination is strong in this one, even if it's from things I actually enjoy doing.

Since we last met, I did a brief stint 'working' (read: sitting there and making sure no one steals anything) at my dad's shop, had a massive wardrobe and shoe collection clean out (about fifteen huge bags full of clothes and over 200 pairs of shoes got the flick), celebrated the year of the sheep/goat (so Asian!), applied for some jobs I've yet to hear back from, made a cameo at Glebe Markets, dealt with some family dramas, and, oh yeah...signed up for this:



That's right. On the 14th of March, 2015, I, Vinh Luong, will be shaving my head to raise money for The Leukaemia Foundation. Those of you who know me well enough will know that I absolutely ADORE my hair, so this is a huge deal for me. I'm getting pretty nervous about it now that the count down is just reaching 10 days; reality is just starting to set in. 10 days left until I reveal my unevenly-shaped head to the world. I'm a bit anxious just thinking about it, but at the end of the day, it's just hair - it grows back. If shaving it off means that I get to help raise funds for an organisation that does such great work to help people who are going such a tough time in their live, then bring on the clippers! Cancer is shit. I'll take any chance I can to kick it's arse.

If you can afford it, please donate generously to myself here or my team here. Any donation, big or small, goes a long way, and is greatly appreciated!

In the mean time, enjoy one of my last few posts feat. hair. Weekday casual (pretending to work at Dad's shop):


 
Top & Cardigan: Cotton On; Jeans: Ziggy Denim; Shoes: Human (Premium Collection); Hat: Rubi; Necklaces: Dotti & Diva; Ring: Lovisa; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs.

And being a real Lady of Leisure:


Top & Skirt: Blossom; Shoes: Diavolina; Bag: Vintage (Glebe Markets); Necklace: Colette by Colette Hayman; Watch: Marc By Marc Jacobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment