Saturday, March 14, 2015

One last time, with hair. (ft. the $49 outfit & ladylike glamour)

Tomorrow, I'll be shaving my much-loved locks off, in the name of charity. While we've had a few family members opposed to the idea (read: old-school Asians who think that Vietnamese girls should all be slender, soft spoken, light-skinned and have long, straight hair...as we all know I possess none of these features anyway), most people have been amazingly supportive. I am so, so grateful to have such beautiful, generous souls behind us and I am humbled and overwhelmed by the kindness that we have been shown.

I'm not going to lie, I'm extremely nervous about the day ahead, and the idea of baring my oddly-shaped head. But at the end of the day, it's just hair, it grows back. There are many more important things out there, and if people are willing to pay to see it go - to give to a charity that has helped, and will continue to help, so many people going through an absolutely (for lack of a better word) shit phase of their lives - well, then, away it will go.

 Right now our total stands at $6685, which is just $815 off the rather ambitious goal I set. Even if we don't make it, we'll be pretty freaking close, and whatever happens I'm so extremely proud of our team and the efforts each one of us has made to get this far. I have faith though. I have a feeling that we'll get there in the end. And if we do, one Mr Aron Poole will also be losing the chest hair (by wax, ouch!).

You can still donate here (if you haven't already, please do, it's a great cause!):

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/vinhluong

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/teamawesome


We'll be sure to take plenty of pictures!

So, this will be my last post with hair for a while. Have I mentioned that I love my (messy, unruly, frustratingly-sticky-to-my-facey) hair?

This was Thursday, feeling pink. This whole outfit, top to toe, cost me $49. The dress was one dollar. Yes, you read that right. ONE DOLLAR. (And no, it's not because it was stained...those marks on the skirt part are just because I was being a grub and washed my hands and then wiped them on my dress haha).


Dress: Supre; Belt: Dotti; Shoes: Novo; Bag: Vintage; Ring: Colette by Colette Hayman.

And this, was today (well technically, now yesterday). I decided that for my last day of hair I'd dress as ladylike as I possibly could, because I'm not sure how well I can pull off the ladylike-look (my favourite look of the moment, as I'm sure you've noticed from my previous posts) with a shaved head. I'm actually kind of obsessed with this outfit - I felt so amazing, classy and girly in it! If only I had somewhere more fancy to go than my cousin's house followed by martial arts at Fairfield/Cabramatta PCYC lol. Ah well. As long as I felt good, right?







Top: Cotton On; Skirt: Romwe; Shoes: Diavolina; Bag: Vintage: Sunnies: Chanel; Ring: Colette by Colette Hayman; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment