Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Gold pants and my first bald post.

Ta-Da! As promised, on Saturday, team awesome and I did the World's Greatest Shave to raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation - a wonderful organisation that help those facing blood cancer and their families get through what is definitely one of the most difficult stages of their life. I'm not going to lie, I was incredibly anxious about the whole thing - my hair has always been so important to me - but I don't regret it one little bit. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, there was plenty of good food, love and laughter, and as I sat in the backyard of my cousin's house, surrounded by my friends and family, hands shaking under my not-particularly flattering, bright orange 'World's Greatest Shave' cape, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. We had just hit our target of $7.5k (which meant that my boyfriend was not only going to shave his head, but also sacrifice his chest hair to death-by-waxing) and I could not have been prouder of my team.

I'm sure everyone of you has known someone who has been affected by cancer. It's an absolute asshole of a disease. And as much as I loved my hair, if me shaving it off was going to mean that we were able to help kick cancer's butt, even a little bit, then off it was going to go.












Thank you to all the amazingly generous humans who donated to our cause - please know that you helped make the world a better place by doing so. And to anyone who missed out, don't worry, it's not too late! Donations (however big or small) can still be made here:

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/vinhluong
http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/teamawesome

Apologies if I seem like I'm pushing this too hard, but #sorrynotsorry, it's for an amazing cause. I don't feel bad asking because I'm not doing it for me!

Anyway, one thing I'd been a bit worried about in the lead up to losing my hair was that I would be a lot more restricted as to what I could wear, and as a lover of all things fashion, this really played on my mind. Anyone who's kept up with this blog (let's face it, with my track record of posting, it's not that hard to do) will know that my latest obsession has been midriff tops and midi-skirts, and I was concerned that without my hair, I'd have to forgo this look for something edgier.

I expressed my concerns to my seven-year-old niece, Stella (who's made a feature on my blog before, the cutie pie! See here) and she replied, simply, "I think your hair will look nice with anything! Just wear what you want!"

And so, I played dress ups. And while I ended up going with something a bit edgier today, you'll be happy to know that the midi skirts aren't going anywhere anytime soon.




Top: Bardot; Pants: Supre; Blazer: Scanlan & Theodore; Shoes: Novo; Bag: Dotti; Necklace: Colette by Colette Hayman; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Ring: Lovisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment