Saturday, July 7, 2012

it's so good to not be in uniform.

Hey guys. I'm sorry yet again for the lull in posts. You see, I've not really had much to show you as of late: I've been on clinical placement at the hospital for the last couple of weeks (and will be for another couple!), meaning that I couldn't do an outfit post even if I wanted to. Unless, you know, you guys wanna see posts day after day of a hideous, ill-fitting navy and white polo top, navy pants and a navy cardigan.Yeahh...no. It's seriously cramping my style. Literally. In fact, the thought of having to wear uniform for the rest of my life is almost enough to make me wanna rethink the career path I've chosen. But then I interact with these patients who, despite being quite sick, are lovely and positive and warm and welcoming - and I know that I'm doing what I'm meant to be doing. But that's another story for another time.

I'd meant to post this just before I started placement, at the height of my obsession with the burgundy/maroon colour scheme. Entire outfit, inclusive of shoes and accessories totalled just $105. I'm wearing a plus-sized velvet top (I'm assuming it was a pyjama top originally) that I picked up from Vinnies as a dress. Love love LOVE the wedges as well - an absolute STEAL from Betts (think 75% off, for real suede!) - so chic & soooo comfy! 


Top (worn as dress): Vintage from St Vinnies; Belt: Portmans, Patterned Tights: Forever New; Hat: Target; Bag: SES; 'Hanoi' Wedges: Betts. 

And today, unintentionally keeping with the Betts theme, this is what I wore. Excuse the lack of smiles, I'm not quite sure why I was so serious this morning lol. 


Dress (with belt): Valleygirl; Leggings (worn underneath): Xpression; Lace Leggings (worn on top): Cotton on; Cardigan: Forcast; Bag: SES; Cuff & Silver Ring: Rubi; Turquoise Ring: Collette; Feather Necklaces: Diva; Suede 'Portland' Booties: Betts.    

Till next time kiddies! xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment