Sunday, July 29, 2012

neon/sporty luxe.

Gah, I can't believe my 6 days off is already up. It's back to UTS tomorrow, where I'll be starting my new job as a demonstrator for one of the lab classes. It's only two hours a week so it's barely worth the travel, but it's something to keep me on my toes at least, and it's good experience! Then after that back to normal classes at USYD.

My tax return came through a few days ago (yay!) and I just happened to be at the shops at the time...I don't think I need to tell you how that one ended. But just in case you're curious, four jackets, a cardigan, three blouses, two lipsticks, bronzer, a pair of flats, a bag, and the pants I've been looking for for the last few weeks: trousers with a contrast stripe down the side. I fell in love when I first saw a wide leg orange pair on Nicole Richie. Seeing Shakuhachi's D-Ring Deluxe Tux Pants in this month's Shop Til You Drop just sealed the deal (but as anyone who knows me knows, there's no way in hell I'd pay $220 for pants). I found these babies at Bardot, for $80 (or $72 with the Bardot member's card discount!) - they're super duper comfy and oh so versatile. I was asked by three separate people yesterday if I was wearing tracksuit pants, just FYI. I don't care, I fucking love them. Rocking a trend I never thought I'd attempt - neon - with a bit of a sporty/luxe feel. Comfy, and oh-so-cool. 



   Laser Cut Neon Silk Blouse: Oxford Woman; Black and White Contrast Trousers: Bardot; Tank (worn underneath): Supre; Metal-Tipped Pumps: Sportsgirl; Bag: Dangerfield; Liquid Gold Double Cuffs: Forever New; Leather Jacket: Jeanswest. 

And this is how I styled them the day before. I knew I wouldn't get a chance to take photos during the day because I was changing at the bf's place, so excuse the terrible lighting. 

Blouse: Cotton On; Trousers: Bardot; Shoes: Sportsgirl; Necklace: Forever New; Bag: Cotton On.

And this is an outfit I'd meant to blog earlier in the week - a bit of a contrast from the last two outfits. Absolutely love this dress - such a pretty print and cut and so damn comfy. 


Dress: Just Jeans; Belt: Zahara; Stockings: Markets; Cardigan: Forcast; Boots: Betts; Bag: Zara; Matte Double Cuffs: Diva
Til next time kids. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment