Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rockin' it.

So, I probably don't have to tell you this, but it's been a while since I last posted. I know, I'm sorry. Life gets in the way a little. In my defence I did have work, followed by a couple of weeks of exams, followed by 6 weeks of clinical placement (which is still in progress). And if you've read my previous posts, you'd know that clinical placement means that I'm in a horrible, ill-fitting, daggy uniform nine days a fortnight - something I'd never normally get caught dead in lol. In case you've never seen it:

 There's no instagram filter that could make this shit look good lol. 

Since you last heard from me, a fair bit's happened. I did have a little splurge at a DSA sale where I went Sass and Bide crazy and picked up three pairs of jeans, a pair of trousers, a dress, a belt and a ring (all at ridiculously low prices). I had to rip myself away at risk of giving in a getting the Isabel Marant leather jacket that was eyeing me.

Sass & Bide dress from the DSA sale

A few weeks after that sale (and after quitting work, then cramming for and sitting final exams), one of my best friends and I spontaneously booked a trip to the Philippines, followed by a mini trip to London, Spain, Italy and Paris. We had talked about doing Europe together for years, but it was always just that - talk.This time we spoke about it one day, and literally booked it the next. I'm super excited, but also, consequently, super broke. Which means I've been staying away from the shops as much as I can lately to avoid temptation. It's been hard because I'm currently doing a placement at RPA hospital, which means I walk past all of these shops with beautiful, cool, funky clothes/shoes/accessories/odds and ends on a daily basis. Quite depressing really, sigh. 

It's gotten super dooper cold in Sydney in the last few weeks so I've pretty much been living in jeans, knits and leather jackets or coats. Dressing for comfort more than anything. I've come to the realisation that I must be getting old, because I'm starting to dress slightly more sensibly for the weather - where back in the day I would have been happy to brave winter in short/tight dresses and bare legs for nights out, I've been sticking with long-sleeve dresses, stockings and boots, or tops and jeans. It's the end of an era, really.

Here are some snaps from a few weeks ago when it was still slightly warmer and I still had the energy to dress up a bit more. I'm sure I'll get back into it once placement's over and I can be bothered with my appearance again lol:



  
Top: Blossom from Mink; Jeans: Sass & Bide; Jacket: Jeanswest; Bag: Sandler; Necklace: Market Stall; Bracelet: Gift (from a lovely ex-work colleague!); Watch: Forever New (an absolute steal!).  

Top: Lovely Girl; Pants: Barkins; Jacket: Jeanswest; Shoes: Novo; Necklace: Collette.



No comments:

Post a Comment