Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am satisfied...and super dooper broke

As a treat to myself for actually starting my assignment (due next week; and when I say start I mean really...just start - i.e. name, title, student number, first heading) I thought I'd take the morning off (because my normal routine of sitting around and watching t.v. is very strenuous work). The plan was to head to DFO & Westfield Parramatta, for a spot of light shopping, mainly for birthday presents for a few close friends.

6 hours and $600 later, the total stands at 11 dresses, a top, 2 bags, 2 belts, 6 pairs of shoes, 4 necklaces, a ring, 2 cardis, a pair of shorts, 2 pairs of slippers, some unmentionables, a denim jacket, a wallet, a scarf (plus a birthday present that I'd rather not disclose) and my pick for bargain of the day, a beige genuine suede leather jacket from Just Jeans, which I picked up for only $29.95! The shopping was insane. Like, even more insane than the way that Sarrah Murdoch used the word. INSANNEE.



DFO was bargain-hunter's paridise with a further 50% all reduced items at Dotti, Oroton an Peter Alexander; a further 40% off at Country Road; a further 30% off atPortmans; and a further 25% off at Barkins. It got to a point where I put a pair of boots that were on sale for less than $20 at Barkins back on the shelf because it was too expensive in comparisson to the other stuff I'd bought that day. I'll probably regret that one tomorrow. Mossman also had some great sales on, but again, having paid $5 for a dress at Dotti, I wasn't even prepared to spend a mere $40 on a gorgeous floral smock (something that I'm already regretting now).

At Parramatta I snapped up some gorgeous necklaces from my favourite accesories store, Lovisa: they had 3 for $10 on sale items & I just couldn't help myself! Also picked up an amazing black & gold ring for only $10, full price! The love affair is only getting stronger.

All in all, a good day. But I'm on too much of a high to concentrate. I'm sorry Uni, you lose again.

Ps, here are some snaps from Saturday night. Final outfit cost was only $86 (not including the blazer I chucked over the top at the end of the night - the one from the ACA challenge). Silk maxi dress (Portmans, $10); gold leather belt (Just Jeans, $1); earings ($15, Alex Perry for Diva); necklace ($25, Lovisa); cuff ($10, Lovisa); ovesized flower ring ($5, Forever 21); heels ($20, Sachi from Zu Clearance in Melbourne).


No comments:

Post a Comment