Monday, September 12, 2011

The drunk girl pose.

I took a little detour on the way home after finishing class a little earlier on Thursday night, with an old work friend - Vogue Fashion's Night Out was on throughout the cbd and we wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Pitt St was absolutely packed with people, despite the fact that it has just started to sprinkle. The atmosphere was electric, with bright lights, and the smell of style in the air. I felt embarrassingly under dressed in my uni clothes and matching post-uni face - some girls (and guys) had gone all out, with full hair, makeup, & stilettos - a ridiculous, but oh-so-glamourous choice of footwear for a shopping event.

I had an amazing night, and surprisingly, didn't spend a cent! We had delicious free cupcakes in the middle of pitt street, saw a few aussie celebs (Ruby Rose, Hayden Quinn, & Miranda Otto - who I literally bumped into), took photobooth photos at Bardot & Hermes, regretted the fact that we both had to drive, and thus had to forgo the insane amounts of free alcohol (Champagne, sparkling wine, daquiris & other cocktails) being handed out in every second store we went into (instead having to opt for Peeptoe & Hermes water), and shamelessly oogled smouldering male models and staff.
Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera with me, so I didn't get to document the night - but here's our shot from Hermes. The end product totaly wasn't worth the wait - in the end they sent us a muck up one that we took. The British photographer told us to look sexy because we were wearing Hermes. Our reaction was to do the classic 'drunk girl' kissing pose. Oh dear. But I had an awesome night none the less. Next year, we'll take a cab. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment